- 100g each coarsely grated Cheddar and Feta, or all Cheddar if prefer
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp thick yoghurt
- 2 tsp Onion seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp za’atar
- large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 large, thick slices of bread (about 2cm thick)
- salt and ground black pepper
- sesame seeds, to garnish
Taken from the Comptoir Libanais Express cookbook.
Heat the grill to high
Put the cheese and spring onions in a bowl with the yoghurt, onion, cumin seeds, za’atar, chilli flakes and eggs.
Season, then beat well to mix everything together.
Toast one side of the bread. Turn each piece over and spread about two tablespoons of the egg mixture over the top of each.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and grill until golden.