We’ve teamed up with the British Museum to celebrate our Middle Eastern heritage and give you the chance to win 2 tickets every week in August to the BP exhibition, Sunken cities: Egypt’s lost worlds.
To win, all you have to do is tell us on Twitter why you’d like to visit and our favourite answer wins! Don’t forget to tag @ComptoirLibanai and #SunkenCities on your tweet.
Supported by BP.
Organised with the Institut Européen d’Archéologie Sous-Marine and the Hilti Foundation.
Submerged under the sea for over a thousand years, two lost cities of ancient Egypt were recently rediscovered. Their story is told for the first time in this unmissable exhibition.
Vanished beneath the waters of the Mediterranean, the lost cities of Thonis-Heracleion and Canopus lay at the mouth of the Nile. Named after the Greek hero Heracles, Thonis-Heracleion was one of Egypt’s most important commercial centres for trade with the Mediterranean world and, with Canopus, was a major centre for the worship of the Egyptian gods. Their amazing discovery is transforming our understanding of the deep connections between the great ancient civilisations of Egypt and Greece.
To draw on our Middle Eastern heritage, we have created an exclusive Fig, Cinnamon and Honey muffin, and if you have a valid ticket for the BP exhibition Sunken cities: Egypt’s lost worlds or a British Museum Membership card, you can have a muffin for free (when you buy a main meal)!
Full terms and conditions
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter this competition, you :
A- Tell us on Twitter why you’d like to visit the BP exhibition Sunken cities: Egypt’s lost worlds.
B- Tag @ComptoirLibanai and #SunkenCities on your tweet.
C- must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
D- UK resident
- Closing date for entry will be 31/08/16
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
- This competition will have 8 winners, and the winners will be announced on 22/08/16, 26/08/16, and 31/08/16.
- The winner will be notified by Twitter direct message within 3 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The prize is a pair of ticket to the BP exhibition Sunken cities: Egypt’s lost worlds at the British Museum, valid until 27 November 2016.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Comptoir Libanais and not to any other party.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Winners will be picked by Comptoir Libanais marketing team and the decisions will be final.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By adding photos to the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram competition gallery you are granting permission for these images to be used by Comptoir Libanais online at www.comptoirlibanais.com and other online communications.